COOL DOWN LADIESUncategorized
HOW TO CONQUER THIS HEAT?
In this week’s blog post you find useful tips on how to survive in the desert heat when you’re expecting a baby.
We know…we have been there…carrying your sweetest extra baggage in this 40+°C is quite challenging.
So, how to survive and even enjoy being a mom-to-be this time of the year?
HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE AND HYDRATE…WITH WATER.
- It is crucial for our organs to work properly
As you may know our body is composed of about 60% water
- Helps keep skin looking good
Some experts say one should drink at least 2 liters, but in this season even 4 liters of water isn’t too much
- Hydration prevents stretchmarks
One of the things to prevent developing stretch marks is to drink ENOUGH WATER.
To make sure you drink enough water check your urine; if its color is water-like and odorless then you’ve done a great job.
REFILL THE ELECTROLYTES
Electrolytes are minerals in your body that carry an electric charge and their balance is essential for the body to work properly. As an example, potassium plays vital role in regulating blood pressure and muscle contractions. In this heat, you lose a lot of these electrolytes when sweating.
HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE AMAZING COCONUT WATER?
- Low in calories, naturally fat- and cholesterol free, contains good amount of potassium, and super hydrating
- Curbs dehydration caused by morning sickness. Fights common symptoms of pregnancy like heartburn and constipation
- Prevents fat accumulation by eliminating bad cholesterol
- Offers essential nutrients, therefore enhances the health, growth, and proper nourishment of the unborn baby
- Helps flushing away the toxins and clearing the urinary tract, being an effective diuretic. Therefore, improves kidney functioning and prevents urinary tract infections, lowering the chances of preterm labor
- Boosts the amniotic fluid levels and enhances blood volume and circulation
Unless you want to stay at home for the whole summer, there is no better place to stay cool than in the pool.
SWIMMING often considered a very low impact sport. It offers expecting moms a safe way of exercising. You feel lighter in the water. Baby is floating right along with you instead of pressing down on your sciatic nerve and spine.
Swimming creates calm moments for mommy and baby.
If you spend your summer in Dubai, then don’t forget to stack up some cool maternity clothes.
Stay stylish but dress for comfort.
Best to wear a light, breezy maxi dress with your most comfortable shoes (slippers) you have… yes we hear You, those swollen legs!?
So the take away message is:
- Drink plenty of pure water every single day
- Benefit from the nutrients present in Coconut Water
- Splash and swim
- Your gorgeous bump deserves a gorgeous maxi dress
Moms-to-be don’t hesitate, head over to the pool or beach in your lightest outfit, bag a bottle of water & coconut water, a good book, and sunscreen and enjoy this wonderful time!
P.S. Do not let your pregnancy brain forget to keep yourself hydrated
The Mommy Co.